Saturday, August 15, 2009

My First Submitted Challenge!

Ok so on my blog I have mentioned my New Years Resolutions (no matter far into the year we are) so I thought best to explain. I found myself not making the time to scrap or be creative in any way over the past year...I had every excuse under the sun like I have been moving around the country, no space, no time, too much work to do....etc etc...I'm sure that at some point most of you would have had these thoughts! So 2009 was going to be my "breaking the habit" year. I was vowing to do more scrapbooking, more cards, experiment with methods and tools that I havent before, start interacting with others in this online world, even to start my own blog and to participate in challenges - and actually submit them! So it may be August but it is still 2009 so that is a start. Now as the title suggests my FIRST submitted challenge! YAY!!!

I am always a fan of Makeesha's blog and have been for some time. This is my submission for her Inkspirations Inspiration Challenge 11 http://www.makeeshabyl.com.au/index.php/2009/08/14/inkspirations-inspiration-challenge-11/


I decided that this picture to me showed streamlined (no fun swirls here) - very exact - lots of white space (which I admit I have a phobia of). So again I have attempted a card and I even had a time frame because tonight I am going to a Ball so have to give myself plenty of time to get dressed up!!

I apologise for the photo quality but still trying to get used to taking photos of my work! I have used Whisper White cardstock, the Stampin Up Happiness background stamp and the defining Alphabet for the U and R - stamped using StazOn Jet Black. The silver is just my silver uni-ball signo pen!

Whilst I don't think it is the best ever card - I am happy with it and I hope that you enjoy!!!


2 comments:

Krista said...

You did a great job !

Anonymous said...

I love it! So simple and chic. Amanda xx

Post a Comment

 
;