Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What have I been up to...Part 3


Hello once again! I left off last time after announcing that I had been made redundant (did I mention how much I dispise of that word) and so much has happened since then so I will get started!

Every two years Damo's family have a camping trip on the Murray River but this time around we organised to go a little upmarket and treat ourselves to some luxury...we hired out a HUGE houseboat which is the one in the photo above. I had been waiting for 1.5 years for this and it was well worth it! 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 10 person hot tub, deck chairs for all, kitchen upstairs and downstairs! Magnificent! The weather was spectacular too - sun out no rain for the 7 days! Apart from this wonderful holiday there were other things that needed to be accomplished whilst we were over East.....organising Our Wedding! In a week we managed to find his ring, my dress (ordered), my bridesmaid's dresses, our venue, our photographer, hair and makeup...Keep thinking I have missed something but either way thats alot don't you think?!

Before heading home we had a few nights in the beautiful Melbourne so shopping and lots of eating and drinking followed!! Then it was home and back to reality....what about a job!

Whilst this had been going on I had already been contacted by several people in the industry to see if I was looking to do work for them etc but as tempting as that was the offers were not taking a step forward but back and I wanted forward! One call stood out from all of them but it was both a scary and exciting proposition....it was to start my own business! It was as if it all happened for a reason but I knew not to rush I had to weigh everything up and after lots of meetings, stressing, doing the numbers etc I have decided to do it! Damo has been wonderful throughout the process and continues to support my crazy ways!

So that is why I was away for the past two weeks it was induction to the dealer group I am going through for my license and right now I am in my office (working from home) and my business is Think Future Financial Management! See happy endings are always the best - but you can also see why I havent really been around very much in blogland or been able to do anything creative! I hope to make more time now!

I will be back tonight or tomorrow morning with my post for Makeesha's Inkspiration Challenge!

Hugs to all!

1 comments:

Traveling Mama said...

wow! You have been busy! Yay to houseboats and wedding plans!!!! Yay!! So glad you are well! Hugs from Denmark!

Post a Comment

 
;